Recipe by @white.blank.space
Shop featured products:
1 (15 oz) canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- (optional) a pinch of salt
- cooking oil
Makes about 11 bites
- Mash black beans with a fork in a bowl. It's ok to leave some beans whole for texture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg. Mix in panko, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and olive oil.
- Mix in mashed black beans and corn.
- With your hands, form the mixture into small patties.
- Heat cooking oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Carefully place the patties on the pan. (These black bean bites are delicate, so handle with care.) Cook until well browned on both sides.