Cauliflower Potato Fritters
Posted by GRABEASE® BY ELLI&NOOLI
These simple and delicious fritters made with cauliflower, potato, cheese and herbs make a perfect meal or snack for all ages! Pair with fresh greens and fruit to create a well-rounded and nutritious meal!
BONUS: These make a great party snack! Pair with a sour cream and chive dipping sauce. Save this link, because you'll be asked for it!
Featured Grabease Products:
Stainless Steel Fork, Knife & Spoon Set
Cauliflower Potato Fritters Recipe
Recipe by @white.blank.space
Makes about 10 small patties
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 40 min
1 medium-sized russet potato
1 cup cauliflower florets
2 tbsp whole wheat or all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp dried chives (optional)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar or cheddar-jack cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
avocado oil spray
- Position rack in the middle and preheat the oven to 400F
- Add 1 inch of water in a large pot with a steamer basket and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to low, add potato with its skin on, and cover. Steam for 12 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to the steamer basket next to the potato and steam for additional 5 minutes.
- Take the steamer basket out and let the potato cool until you can touch it with your hands. Peel the potato and cut it into 1" chunks.
- Add cut potato chunks and cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until the mixture turns slightly sticky but still has texture. You may want to mix with a rubber spatula between pulsing. The mixture will stick together and start to form a ball when it's ready. Make sure to stop the processor before it becomes a puree.
- Add mixture into a large bowl. Add flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and chives. Thoroughly mix with a rubber spatula.
- Mix in shredded cheese.
- Spread panko breadcrumbs on a large plate. Form the potato-cauliflower mixture into a small patty with your hands, and then coat it with panko. Repeat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil. Place the patties on the sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Carefully flip, spray more oil if desired, and bake for additional 9 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve as is or with sour cream, greek yogurt and chive dipping sauce. Ketchup is a great option too!