Curried Chickpea Cauliflower with Chia Mango Lassi
Posted by ANDREA YIU
Recipe by @white.blank.space.
"Cauliflower is rich in vitamin C, providing a great opportunity to add some iron-rich food. (Vitamin C will help our body to absorb iron.) For that reason, I added mashed chickpeas to the sauce. Chickpeas and Cauliflower also go really well flavor-wise, so it was a no-brainer.
✔️ 1 cauliflower head
✔️ 7.5 oz chickpeas (half of a can), rinsed
✔️ 2 tbsp olive oil
✔️ 2 tsp curry powder
✔️ 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
✔️ 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
Note: for babies, look for no-salt-added can beans.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and rinse.
- Place cauliflower florets in a steamer basket, set over boiling water, and cover. Steam for 18-20 minutes until cauliflower is very soft.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan. Add curry powder and turmeric and mix with a spatula.
- Add chickpeas and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off heat. Mash chickpeas using a fork.
- Add coconut yogurt to mashed chickpeas and mix well.
- Combine steamed cauliflower florets and chickpea mixture. Mix well with a spatula.
Mango Chia Lassi
✔️ 1 ripe mango
✔️ 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
✔️ 1 tbsp chia seeds
Blend everything in a mixer until smooth."