Posted by ANDREA YIU
This recipe is loaded with fruits to satisfy your kiddo's sweet tooth in a healthy way. It's great for babies 6 months and up!
(Makes about 10 3 oz portions.)
1 large (or 2 small) mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
6 oz blueberries (about 2/3 cup)
1/3 cup oat powder
3 cups water
- First, make oat powder by blitzing steel-cut oats (or rolled oats) in a food processor. You can make a batch and store oat powder in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- In a saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Add 1/3 cup oat powder and whisk continuously for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped mango and blueberries. Simmer for about 15 minutes until they are very soft. Whisk occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and mash the mixture with a potato masher. Alternatively, you can blend the mixture with a blender for a smoother texture.
- I prefer to mash 1/3~1/2 of banana right before serving and mix into the oatmeal mixture, because of the browning. But you can add bananas to step 4 and mash/blend together.
- Divide the mixture into serving portions and freeze for up to 3 months.