Recipe by @lunchesandlittles.
"Think little ones can't do spices? 🤷🏼♀️ Think again! With our oldest two, we definitely served blander foods, at least during the #babyledweaning phase. It made sense to us, since so many baby food brands offered pretty bland options (hello baby cereal, rice cereal and other first foods/purees 🤔). You live, you learn, and then you realize that kiddos love flavor- even our littlest ones! 🙌🏻🤩
These days, we are a #onefamilyonemeal family, and strive to incorporate all sorts of flavors- and yes, spices in foods for all our kids. This delicious Simple Spiced Chicken Penne 👆🏻 is perfect for even the youngest eaters- easy to make, full of flavor and a dish your whole family can enjoy!"
✔️2 large scallions
✔️3 garlic cloves
✔️2 Roma tomatoes
✔️1 lb of chicken breast strips
✔️12 oz penne
✔️1/2 cup cream cheese
✔️1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
✔️2/3 cup chicken stock
✔️Salt & pepper
✔️Olive oil as needed
*Spice mix: 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp sweet paprika, 1/4 tsp thyme, & 1/4 tsp oregano
- Prep produce: trim/thinly slice scallions, mince garlic and finely chop tomato.
- Season chicken: pat chicken dry, then transfer to mixing bowl with large drizzle of olive oil & spice mix. Add a pinch of slat & toss to gently coat. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook penne as directed.
- While penne cooks, add a few drizzles of olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned (5-6 min). Add about half of your scallions and all garlic. Cook 1-2 min. Then, add in half of tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in cream cheese and 2/3 cup chicken broth. Stir until well combined.
- Then add in cooked/drained penne. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and butter and stir until melted.
- Divide pasta between bowls and serve. Yum!