Recipe by @white.blank.space
Shop featured products here.
- 2~2.5 cups macaroni pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup, packed baby spinach
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, whisked
- Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook pasta al dente. 2.5 cups if using large shelled pasta and 2 cups if using small macaroni pasta. Drain pasta and toss with olive oil. Set aside.
- Blend spinach and milk in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Grate zucchini using the large hole of a box grater.
- In a pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until bubbly and golden in color.
- Add spinach mixture and cheese. Whisk to combine until cheese is melted. The mixture will be thick and gooey but don't worry. Zucchini will add some moisture back.
- Turn off the heat. Add zucchini and pasta. Mix with a spatula to combine.
- Add whisked egg and mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with silicone muffin cups. Distribute the mixture into each cup.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until the top starts to brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Mac n cheese cups will hold their shape when cooled down.