Easy Fruity Avocado Dip
Posted by WHITEBLANKSPACE BY HEE JEE LEE
Whip up this no-cook, 10-minute fruity avocado dip - perfect for a hot summer day! This simple dish will be enjoyed by babies and adults alike. Grabease silicone divided suction dishware is perfect for serving this dip and a side of toasts or crackers in one dish.
Quick & easy dip for the whole household!
Looking for a quick and easy meal you can whip up in 10 minutes without turning on the stove? Make this fruity avocado dip on this hot summer day! This simple dish will be enjoyed by babies and adults alike.
Using the best ingredients
All you need for this simple meal are an avocado, a mango, a handful of strawberries, and a lemon. Make sure to use soft ripe fruits when serving babies and young toddlers. When pressed between two fingers, you want the fruit to be easily mashed to avoid choking hazards. Ripe fruits will also make the dip sweeter without added sugar.
Avocados are more common in savory dishes in the U.S., but in many cultures, avocados are eaten as a sweet dessert. If you haven't yet, try out the sweet side of avocado, and drizzle some condensed milk on your portion. Please note that added sugar is not recommended for babies under 24 months.
How to serve for babies & toddlers
Serve this dip with a side of lightly toasted low-sodium bread. Grabease silicone divided suction bowl is perfect for serving this dip and a side of toasts. The sides of the bowl are deep enough for babies to scoop out the dip with their hands comfortably. For toddlers, Grabease Stainless Steel Toddler Fork, Knife & Spoon Set is great for practicing how to use utensils. They can have fun spreading the dip on the toasts using the Grabease ergonomic knife.
Fun and nutritious ways to make this dip special
Here are more ways to customize and enjoy this simple dish.
- Mix a tablespoon of hemp or chia seeds to the dip for extra nutrition.
- Mix 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt to the dip for a creamier texture.
- For adults and older kids, drizzle some condensed milk or honey on top of the dip to make it a sweet treat.
- Add other sweet and ripe fruits such as pineapple.
Enjoy this light and easy meal for a quick breakfast or snack. If you make this recipe, let us know how you liked it!
Recipe: Fruity Avocado Dip
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 0
For breakfast or snack
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup ripe mango, chopped
- 1/3 cup ripe strawberries, chopped
- optional for adults: drizzle of condensed milk
- optional for serving: lightly toasted low-sodium bread on the side
- In a bowl, mash avocado until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Add mango and strawberries. Gently combine.
- Serve the fruity avocado dip with toasted bread strips.
Recipe developed by: WhiteBlankSpace