This recipe was created by @athomewithastghik. You can shop the utensils featured here.
Apple Chia Mixture:
🍎2 pounds Organic Apples, I used Gala
🍎3 tablespoons filtered water
🍎1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
🍎1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
🍎2 tablespoons chia seeds
Cinnamon Yogurt “Frosting”
❣️1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
❣️1 teaspoon maple syrup (May add more or less, depending on your preference)
❣️1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wash, peel, and core the apples.
- Cut the apples into chunks and place them in a pot. Add the water, lemon juice and cinnamon. Stir and cover it with a lid.
- Allow it to cook (stirring frequently) over medium-low heat until the apples are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool, place it in a blender, and blend until it's pureed. Add the chia seeds, mix and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lay a sheet of puff pastry flat and cut it into strips. Spread a thin layer of the applesauce chia mixture (make sure to not spread any on the end so will close).
- Tightly roll the sheet, pinch the seam shut and place it seam down.
- Cut in half if roll is too big and place them in a deep buttered baking dish, making sure they’re not touching one another.
- *Note: Place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. When baked cold, it puffs up nicely.
- Brush them with a beaten egg and bake for about 30 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
- Optional: top with some yogurt mixed with ground cinnamon and maple syrup.