Recipe by @athomewithastghik.
Now that the days are getting warmer, we’ve been enjoying snacks like this to help keeps us cool! This is nutritious and delicious. All 4 of my kids enjoyed eating this!
♥️2 ripe pears
♥️1/4 cup of filtered water, to blend
*Please be aware, the beets may cause your child’s urine and stool to be red in color.
1. Thoroughly scrub and wash the beet, apples, and pears. Peel the skin and cut the ends off of the beet. Also, core the apples and pears.
2. Cut them into chunks and place them in a blender, along with the water.
3. Blend until the mixture is broken down and has a purée like consistency.
4. Pour it into a freezer safe glass container. Cover it with its lid and place it in the freezer for 3 hours.
5. After 3 hours, remove the lid and scrape it with a fork. It should be of a slushy consistency.
6. Place the lid back on and put it back in the freezer for an additional hour.
7. Remove from the freezer and scrape it with a fork.
8. Place it back in freezer for another hour.
9. Scrape with fork, serve and enjoy!
10. Continue this process until it’s at the consistence you prefer-(either slushy like consistency or that of shaved ice.